Tuesday, June 12, 2007

How the Grinch Stole Chanukkah

This blog is poorly timed to say the least.

But I was listening to some old tapes I made of my random thoughts, and I was stricken with a notion about that time-honored Christmas classic, Dr. Suess's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

Did you ever find it odd that the Who's down in Whoville appear to be celebrating Christmas in a made-up world where Christ never existed? I mean unless Dr. Suess wrote a short story about him too. I would like to see what kind of creative license he would have taken with that.

And why are there no little Jew-Who's? I mean even just a yarmukle or a menorah somewhere in the background. But no. These Who's live in a world where everyone celebrates Christmas, and the spirit of the season seems to be their religon.

I think alot about these things for an atheist.

No comments: