Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pregnancy Test commercials

So far every pregnancy test commercial I've seen has been a couple anxiously awaiting "the good news".

Why can't the good news ever be that she's not pregnant?

Just once I'd like to see an ad where the little test apparatus reads "not pregnant" and the couple is overjoyed. "I don't know WHAT I would have told my parents!" she exclaims. "I don't know what I would have told my wife!" screams the man. I mean, consider it honestly. Surely a portion of the pregnancy tests purchased each year must be purchased with the hope that she's NOT pregnant. And I guarantee you that were "Big Pregnancy" to run such a commercial, they would increase their brand selection amonst males tenfold. I mean, not to insult my gender, but I have purchased many a beer brand just to feel a little better when I laugh at some of the brilliantly crafted ads they use.

Just a thought. I better get some credit for this if it ever happens.

No comments: